In recognition of the needs of people with dementia, Barchester have created Memory Lane Communities to set the highest standards in specialist care for not only those with dementia but also support for their families.
Our Memory Lane Communities are based on the following values:
- creating a home-like feel
- providing specialised care
- promoting self-esteem
- encouraging independence
- supporting life-skills and individuality
- enabling freedom of choice
- providing a comfortable and safe environment where someone can live with their dementia and not just exist
No two people are the same
Recognising, supporting and celebrating each person's individuality is fundamental to the Memory Lane philosophy.
Each member of the care team recognises, supports and celebrates each person's individuality. They receive training through our bespoke dementia care programmes and have regular refresher courses thereafter.
Regular meetings and social gatherings are organised for families and friends and form an essential support network.
Specialist 'Memory Lane' features include:
- Adapted crockery and tableware
- Enclosed sensory gardens and low risk walkways
- Lifeskills areas including specially adapted kitchens
- 'Activity in Mind' Programme
Our skilled activity co-ordinators work alongside care teams to create lively and involving programmes for everyone's enjoyment including:
- Pet care
- Gentle exercise
- Life skills
Other specialist activities such as reminiscence therapy, music therapy and Sonas may also be provided.
Knightsbridge Care Village, Longwood Road, Trim, County Meath
Tel: 046 948 2700
Fax: 046 948 1912